This week’s Alive & Amplified Track Of The Week is ‘Money From Home’ by Glasgow’s Acrylic.
Money From Home is a break up song that takes the listener on an emotive journey. “The first verse centres around a peaceful moment,” Frontman Andreas Chrsitodoulidis elaborates, “sleeping beside someone during a snowstorm and that feeling that the room becomes the entire world for a night. The second verse explores the onset of tiredness and the acknowledgement that you’re drifting apart gradually. The chorus and middle 8 represent acceptance and farewell”. Oozing with atmosphere and celestial soundscapes, ACRYLIC’s staple blend of sweeping guitars and tranquil harmonies are at the forefront. Andreas’ impassioned baritone floats over the twinkling musicality, whilst also reflecting the song’s poetic lyricism effortlessly.
Money From Home is out now on Scottish Fiction.
- 7th March – Bermondsey Social Club – London
- 20th March – Tooth & Claw – Inverness
- 24th March – Surf Cafe – Newcastle
- 28th March – The Mash House – Edinburgh
- 4th April – The Cluny – Newcastle
- 2nd May – Roisin Dubh – Galway